Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

So far...

The Sony xperia mini was soooo wonderful when i first got my android phone in February of this year...i was so brokenhearted when it broke...and the mini fashion replacement was a swap i could hardly bear to make...then to find the software couldnt upgrade past 2.1 and would never allow me to save apps to the sd card...well i kept the lovely mini fashion and love it still...but decided to buy an arc on contract...the wollypark wordpress blog linked to this blog tells the summer story of blogging from my phone...its cool, it's taken so long to look and try apps, now i realise the androids really need 16Gb sd card to avoid problems, apps to auto kill apps, memory usage apps, and file manager apps...anyone know why a simple paragraph or two with the phone on any of this info still hasn't been included by either the manufacturer, the ph contract co or the android market???
As a flip side i have jus found more timescape app addons...flickr, rss and photo's...haha the widget only goes on a sony homescreen that plays up and wont let u add anything...i could still run it on the mini fashion...but would have to pay datacharges pay as u go (although at home...pardon the pun...theres wifi) cool eh...location says i'm always home...
My thoughts are...if it was anything other than a 'smart' phone concept the whole android thing would be deemed unfit for the purpose...why is the customer trialling suspect apps and coping with limited phone space etc etc
It's a hobby, an ongoing thing, for like camera geeks people who like endless changes and tweeks...it's almost techno-addictive...basically it's stupid...if i have to root it, it's going back...ok...
I'm now going to treat myself to an android holiday...i loved my w995 its still easier to work reliable takes awsome pics, just cant read websites too well. I loved the xperia mini but linking it to my pc crashed the pc...i quite like my xperia arc...but eight months to get it to where you want it with all the info...and still on limited phone memory is really stupid...
Roll on the android tablet, honeycombe (no it wont be compatible with the phone) and ice-cream sandwich operating system...v v funny
I bought a book (from a real bookshop) it's an biography of one of the google start up team called I'm feeling lucky... I think the luck with these guys...like the android market is that we put up with them...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment